Robert J. Donchez
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: December 6, 2019
Bethlehem Mayor Robert Donchez announces free parking with MobileNow in the days leading up to Christmas.
3-hour free parking session daily through MobileNow App 12/20 through 12/25 in addition to visitors getting two-hours free on Saturdays, Nov. 30-Dec. 21st.
The Bethlehem Parking Authority and MobileNow are giving a 3-hour free parking session daily through MobileNow App 12/20 through 12/25. This is in addition to the previously announced Lehigh Valley Health Network sponsored free two-hour parking in Downtown Bethlehem on Saturdays during the holiday season.
The LVHN sponsorship will run all day on Nov. 30, Dec. 7, Dec. 14 and Dec. 21.
The BPA/MobileNow sponsorship will run daily Dec. 20 through Christmas.
“Small businesses are the backbone of the community” said Mayor Donchez. “Use the App and support our local businesses.”
Meter limits will be enforced to make sure all visitors have a chance to shop, dine and enjoy the Christmas City.
2019 Holiday Parking Promotions
Meter Bag and Sign Posting Fees
Beginning 12/1/2019, Meter Bag fees will be $20 per bag per day and Signage postings will be $10 per sign per day.
2019 Holiday Parking Plan
To address complaints of long exit lines at the Walnut Street Garage (WSG) during the Christmas shopping seasons, the Bethlehem Parking Authority will continue to sell the WSG on Black Friday and the listed Saturdays until Christmas. It has been our experience that making the WSG “pay-on-entry” significantly reduces the exit times for our WSG customers.
Event Parking rate of $5 will be in effect at WSG during the following times:
Friday 11/29/19 4:00PM‐9:00PM
Saturday 11/30/19 Noon-8:00PM
Saturday 12/7/19 Noon-8:00PM
Saturday 12/14/19 Noon-8:00PM
Saturday 12/21/19 Noon-8:00PM
Those wishing to avoid paying the flat rate should:
- Arrive at the WSG before the start time or after the end time of the hours listed above.
- Utilize any of our other garages or lots: North Street Garage, Broad Street Lot, S. New Street Garage, and Riverport Garage will all continue to operate at the normal daily rate ($1 per hour).
- Monthly Garage Pass holders can continue to park at WSG for no extra charge with their keycard. Some additional spaces will be reserved for pass holders in the event the WSG is temporarily closed due to high volume. (You must make the gate attendant aware that you have a monthly pass and you will be allowed to enter).
- Since the special event rate is only being charged at the WSG, any customer wishing to use a chaser ticket or park for a short period of time (example: salon appointments) should be directed to use the North Street Garage.
- No appointment lists will be accepted at the WSG as short term parkers should utilize the North Street Garage.
- Anyone parking at the WSG for longer than 5 hours during the event rate will actually realize a discount over the regular hourly rate ($1 per hour maxing out at $10 daily).
- There are no refunds so please remind your customers / employees to park accordingly. We allow anyone that doesn’t want to pay the event rate to back out of the entrance to the WSG but once they have paid and are inside they will not get a refund.
On Street Promotions:
- Thanksgiving 11/28/19- “Meter Holiday” there is no fee at the meters all-day
- Black Friday 11/29/19- “Meter Holiday” there is no fee at the meters all-day
- Small Business Saturday 11/30/19- BPA and MobileNow are giving three hours free parking at any parking meter to anyone paying with MobileNow.
- As always; Sundays are free meter parking and free parking in the various garages.
Off Street Parking Lot & Garage Monthly Contract Rates
All BPA parking lot and garage rates will increase $5 per contract, per month as of 1/1/2020.
First 30 Minutes Free in Parking Garages
Beginning October 1, 2019, the Bethlehem Parking Authority will provide the first 30 minutes of parking for free in the New St., North St. and Walnut St. garages. There will be spaces designated at each location, restricted to 30-minute parking only. These spaces will be located close to pedestrian outlets to allow greater convenience to any customers who would like to use the 30 free minutes. To take advantage of this free parking, vehicles that enter and exit the garages within 30 minutes will not be charged but any vehicles parked in the garages for longer than 30 minutes, will be charged for the full duration of their stay.