We want to make your experience with Bethlehem Parking Authority a positive one, and welcome all your comments, questions and suggestions. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 610.865.7123. In some instances the customer may interact with a meter that is not working properly. To report the meter fill out the information listed below. If a parking violation was received you may request a meter check.
Meters are enforced from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Please see below list for Holidays where parking meters are not enforced.
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Day
Fourth of July
Credit Card Meters
- Patented meter mechanism accepts payment by coins, credit / debit card , tokens and the MobileNOW! app. Click here for MobileNOW! information.
- Wirelessly networked to a web-based management system – real-time maintenance notification, better financial auditing, and parking utilization/turn ratio data
- Solar powered with rechargeable battery pack
- PA-DSS and Level 1 PCI-DSS Certified
How to Use Smart Meters
Bethlehem Parking Authority has replaced some of our traditional coin-fed meters with updated technology that accepts multiple forms of payment. These Pay Station machines accept:
To pay for parking in these lots, walk to the nearest Pay Station (clearly marked by signage). Enter your space number or plate number, whatever the machine indicates, and follow the printed instructions on the Pay Station.
The Pay Station will generate a dated and timed receipt for your records, and as a reminder slip noting the car’s location and meter expiration time.
Broad Street, Third Street, Lower Commons, Lehigh Riverport Garage, and 3rd & Taylor Lots:
- Enter Space or License Plate Number, which ever the machine indicates.
- Press 1 to purchase parking, or press 2 to add time to purchase
- Insert Payment
- Press OK to confirm
- Take & retain your receipt
Benefits of the pay stations include:
- Accepts coins and credit / debit cards (cashless payment systems)
- Provides receipts for visitors (many like this feature)
- Provides the opportunity to pre-pay prior to operating hours (for early arrivals)
- Provides real-time maintenance notification (coin jams & various operational alerts)
- Provides better financial auditing and internal controls to better secure public revenues
- Provides parking utilization / turn ratio analytics (for proper demand forecasting & planning)