In some instances the customer may interact with a meter that is not working properly. To report the meter fill out the information listed below. If a parking violation was received you may request a meter check.
Meters are enforced from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Credit Card Meters
- Patented meter mechanism accepts payment by coins, credit / debit card , smart card and tokens
- Wirelessly networked to a web-based management system – real-time maintenance notification, better financial auditing, and parking utilization/turn ratio data
- Solar powered with rechargeable battery pack
- PA-DSS and Level 1 PCI-DSS Certified
There is a fee of $15.00 per day, per bag to reserve a meter space.
Customer can call or stop in office for meter bag requests.
Meter Holidays 2017:
Jan 1 (New Year’s Day)
Jan 16 (MLK Day)
Feb 20 (Presidents Day)
April 14 (Good Friday)
May 16 (Primary day)
May 29 (Memorial Day)
July 4 (Fourth of July)
Sept 4 (Labor Day)
Nov 7 (Election day)
Nov 10 (Veterans Day)
Nov 23 (Thanksgiving)
Nov 24 (Black Friday)
Dec 25 (Christmas)
Bethlehem Parking Authority has replaced some of our traditional coin-fed meters with updated technology that accepts multiple forms of payment. These Pay Station machines accept:
Each machine replaces many traditional meters in several parking lots throughout our city. To pay for parking in these lots, walk to the nearest Pay Station (clearly marked by signage). Enter your space number and follow the printed instructions on the Pay Station.
The Pay Station will generate a dated and timed receipt for your records, and as a reminder slip noting the car’s location and meter expiration time.
Broad Street, Third Street, Lower Commons, Lehigh Riverport Garage, and 3rd & Taylor Lots:
- Enter Space Number
- Press 1 to purchase parking, or press 2 to add time to purchase
- Insert Payment
- Press OK to confirm
- Take & retain your receipt
- Accepts coins and credit / debit cards (cashless payment systems)
- Provides receipts for visitors (many like this feature)
- Provides the opportunity to pre-pay prior to operating hours (for early arrivals)
- Provides real-time maintenance notification (coin jams & various operational alerts)
- Provides better financial auditing and internal controls to better secure public revenues
- Provides parking utilization / turn ratio analytics (for proper demand forecasting & planning)